Pages

Live life like today is your last

Life is for living. Don't just dream your dreams...live them. Kiss boys, drink cocktails, wear heels to do the laundry in, dance in the rain, play in the snow, lie in the sun, dance in your underwear, wear your Sunday best on a Saturday, take photographs, make memories and fall in love. Keep your eyes open and take in the world. Fashion surrounds us..as Coco Chanel said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.". Work hard, play harder. Love from me. x x x

Saturday 23 February 2013

South Africa

As an oil brat I moved around a lot when I was growing up, every few years we moved from country to country, packing up our lives and waving goodbye to the friends we met along the way, some I have kept in touch with and others I have no idea what they are doing with their lives but regardless, no matter how many times we moved..and what I really want to talk about...South Africa was always the place that I could call home.

I was 6 weeks old when I first visited the country to be cooed over and spoilt by my maternal grandparents and my aunt, uncle and cousins and since that first visit I have been back more times than I can remember.

Setting aside it's reputation for violence (trust me, they're not kidding about the gun crime), corruption and the current spotlight through the Oscar Pistorius trial gripping the world at present, for me South Africa is my base, my roots..I mean I got the continent of Africa tattooed on me the place means so much to me.

Africa holds an enchanting and haunting pull for me, although I don't think I could live there permanently I can certainly say that a feeling of belonging and calm falls over me whenever I visit, I'm not ashamed to say either that when that plane hits the runway, finally connecting me to African soil once I again tears spring to my eyes.

Back in January I visited family in Franschoek, about an hour away from Cape Town, and was spoilt rotten with fantastic meals every night and gorgeous views all around. Below are a thousand few photos from my time there.


Bisous.

































No comments:

Post a Comment