Pages

Live life like today is your last

Life is for living. Don't just dream your dreams...live them. Kiss boys, drink cocktails, wear heels to do the laundry in, dance in the rain, play in the snow, lie in the sun, dance in your underwear, wear your Sunday best on a Saturday, take photographs, make memories and fall in love. Keep your eyes open and take in the world. Fashion surrounds us..as Coco Chanel said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.". Work hard, play harder. Love from me. x x x

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Brand spotlight: All Saints goodies.

So once again I've been lazy with my blogging...but I swear I've been busy - again. I recently left my job as a receptionist in order to apply for an internship - made it to the top 3 from 35 but didn't get the position in the end. So..I did what big girls do - picked myself up, dusted myself off and reaffirmed by faith that something better would come out of it....but along the way? Well I did what a true fashionista does....took a little retail therapy detour and popped along to All Saints for a well deserved splurge....



I love the distinctive bags All Saints have - they know how to pack and brand their goods so that the brand essence calls out to you from the outside in.


We all know that Scotland's weather can be a little...pants? So to make sure I'm wrapped up warm I took advantage of the sale (love a bargain) and bought these super cosy leggings and even cosier pale grey-oatmeal boyfriend style sweatshirt. I may be 'forever alone' but I can still rock the ''Oh this? I stole it from his wardrobe'' look.

I've been looking for a cosy sweatshirt like this for a while now and this one is everything I was wanting: warm, soft, oversized yet structured. I'll be teaming this with my leggings on cold winters' days and with jeans and Converse in autumn for a relaxed outfit.


This sheer jumper hits the perfect blend of elegant and classic with a hint of sexy. You can't see that well in the photo but the backs of the sleeves and part of the back of the top are sheer mesh, giving a glimpse of skin without giving it all away.





The biggest investment (yes, I do call things I spend more money than usual on investments...because they are!) I went for though was undoubtedly my new leather jacket. I had been wearing various biker bombers from other high street retailers but kept finding that they either lost their shape quickly or ripped...so I figured that since I've been working hard this summer why not invest (there's that word again...) in a quality jacket. 

So naturally I turned to All Saints. Their leather jackets have the perfect aesthetic which appeals to my sense of style: classic with a twist. I love the zips on the sleeve that take your jacket from sleek to relaxed. With the cold weather just around the corner I know I'll be living in this jacket - and having been caught in the rain earlier this week I can assure you - it's waterproof! 

What will I be wearing mine with? EVERYTHING. Yup, I'm a firm believer that even a ball gown needs a dash of leather to edge it up a little.


Bisous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment