Pages

Live life like today is your last

Life is for living. Don't just dream your dreams...live them. Kiss boys, drink cocktails, wear heels to do the laundry in, dance in the rain, play in the snow, lie in the sun, dance in your underwear, wear your Sunday best on a Saturday, take photographs, make memories and fall in love. Keep your eyes open and take in the world. Fashion surrounds us..as Coco Chanel said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.". Work hard, play harder. Love from me. x x x

Tuesday 6 November 2012

A poem

I know I should probably make my second post about fashion but I was looking through old photos the other night and found some of my Pepe and it just brought back memories of this poem...

You can shed tears that he is gone,
Or you can smile because he lived,
You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared,
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on,
You can cry and close your mind be empty and turn your
back,
Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes,
love and go on

- David Harkins

I read this at his funeral. The words touched me deeply and made me remember all of the times that we had shared, all of the fun we had had and the deep, ever-present love, affection and respect I had for him. My grandfather was not famous, he had not discovered antidotes to the poisons that rip through humans nor had he changed the lives of millions of people, but to me his being there alone was enough. He loved me and that was enough. I still miss you Pepe and I hope you're proud of who I'm becoming.

Bisous.


No comments:

Post a Comment