Pages

Live life like today is your last

Life is for living. Don't just dream your dreams...live them. Kiss boys, drink cocktails, wear heels to do the laundry in, dance in the rain, play in the snow, lie in the sun, dance in your underwear, wear your Sunday best on a Saturday, take photographs, make memories and fall in love. Keep your eyes open and take in the world. Fashion surrounds us..as Coco Chanel said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.". Work hard, play harder. Love from me. x x x

Monday 14 October 2013

A little shopping problem (Part 1)

So naughty me I've been lazy, errrm busy, recently. Started a new job at Lush as a Christmas temp. (Having SO much fun) and have also been busy busy with my new job for Twinkle Twinkle Tiaras...

Anyway - in among all my working I've been..shopping. I would say this has to stop but I've realised (quite some time ago) that I have a huge little shopping addiction and who am I to stand in the way of giving into my needs??

So what have I been buying? Welll....ever since I saw Rose from The Londoner wearing a gorgeous flowery tank top during an acrobatic moment I absolutely HAD to check out LOF (Language of Flowers)...especially since she offered a cheeky discount code, fate surely?

Well I instantly became smitten with all the designs, in particular the Red Rose design but sadly this one was sold out in my size (SOB) so I continued my search and ended up falling for these beauties:









On the LOF Campaign page they give the following background on Dog Flower and Verbena flowers:

Dog RosePLEASURE & PAIN
The Dog Rose a.k.a the wild rose's name originated in medieval times, when it was believed that the root was effective against the bite of a mad dog.Common in the hedgerows of the English countryside with its beautiful pale pink petals and sharp barbed thorns, to the Victorian’s it symbolised pleasure & pain going hand in hand with life.In our illustration the delicate beauty of the butterflies represents the pleasure felt when receiving this beautiful bloom and when life is going well whilst the arrows piercing the flower represent the pain that one often has to endure to make ones dreams whether it be in love of life come true.

VerbenaENCHANTED

Also known as the flower of Grace, Enchanter's Plant or Herb of Enchantment, Verbena has a long history of use as an enchantress's herb. There was a wide variety of uses for the plant in ancient magical workings but most often it was used as an ingredient in protective spells, believed to ward off evil spirits and bring happiness and an enchanted life to those who were given it.
In our illustration this enchantment is symbolized by the unicorn, the most wondrous of all mystical creatures. According to legend this creature was so magical and enchanting she would only appear to humans who were pure in thought and virtuous in their deeds.
 In addition to this with its origins tied to royalty the vivid purple color of these flowers has always held a sacred place in nature, with purple flowers often considered the most precious.



Things that I loved about this brand:


  • Strong brand message
  • Styling of the products on the gorgeous models
  • Great website
  • The packets of seeds to 'Plant with Love' 
  • The handwritten thank you note - made me feel really special, and also made me want to write more letters!


Can't wait to get out and wear my lovely goodies - outfit posts will follow soon...ish.

Bisous 

No comments:

Post a Comment